Gluing on the back
Next I cleaned up the back and rounded the underside of the edges before gluing to the ribs using my homemade violin clamps.
Taking out the mold
Once dry i then broke the glue joints holding the blocks to the mold by tapping firmly with a hammer and then carefully pulled the mold out.
Fitting the linings
Once the mold had been removed I fitted the linings to the front side just like for the back and then trimmed them to a nice chamfer with a sharp knife.
Carving the blocks
I used a gouge to trim up the blocks taking as much as possible off without weakening the instrument.
Then a final clean up to get rid of any glue traces before gluing in the label.
Fitting the saddle
I carefully marked the position of the saddle on the top with a scalpel and then deepened the cuts to complete the cutout for the saddle making sure the fit was not too tight.
Gluing on the belly
I then carefully filed the inside of the edge curve on the belly and after making a few marks to line things up properly I glued the top on cleaning up any squeeze out with a hot water soaked rag.
When dry I shaped the saddle to fit and glued in.